I am satisfied with this product. I give 5 stars, Thanks Soma team
The good: I had the smart shade installed in my bedroom for over 2 months now. It works perfectly. A bit slow (about 2 minutes to get the 2m blind down) but it's really accurate. Battery is long lasting (if you plug the solar panel). Customer support has quickly answered all my questions.
The bad: the app on-boarding could be more user friendly. It's still a bit geeky. Also, it took me 3 tries to understand that the blind should be positioned EXACTLY at 50% in order for the device to calibrate properly.
I hope they'll produce a version for venetian blinds soon :)
Nice just wish there was a way to use with a corded blind. Like soma better than Teptron but just hoping they come out with a piece for a corded blind.
- Excellent hardware build
- Smart Shades app works as expected
- HomeKit integration works well for open/close
- HomeKit has issues with selecting a position other than 0/100%
- Support is awesome and they are working to resolve HomeKit bug
SOMA Connect - Control Your Shades with Amazon Alexa & Apple HomeKit
Control your windows shades with Amazon Alexa or Apple HomeKit.*
* SOMA Smart Shades device needed to move the blinds. Sold separately here.
Just connect the device to your local network over WIFI or with LAN cable - SOMA Connect will now find and control all available Smart Shades devices.
Voice control with Siri & Alexa:
" Siri, lower my bedroom blinds to 50%"
"Alexa, ask Soma to move my kitchen blinds up please"
- Technology: Bluetooth Smart, WIFI
- Connects to local WIFI or LAN
- Works with Amazon Alexa & Apple HomeKit
- Power: USB
- Dimensions: 55x 75mm(2x3inch)
Whats in the box:
1x SOMA Connect unit
1x USB charging cable
1x US power adapter
1x EU or UK adapter depending on the destination country